Monday, June 25, 2012

Back at It!

Workout:  3.7 miles

I didn't run Friday, Saturday or Sunday.  I just decided my body & maybe my mind needed the break since I struggled so much last week.

I woke up this morning ready to hit the pavement....and so were my dogs.  As I was lacing up my shoes, they both sat at my feet, wagging their tails...like they just knew they were going to go with me.   So I grabbed their leashes and off we went.

We looped back to the house after 1 mile, where I dropped them off to go out on my own.

I wish I had re-set my GPS since that first mile was a 13 min mile.  By the time I finished, I averaged 11:02.  I spent a lot of time trying to make up for that initial slow mile!  Most of the time, when I looked down to check, I was running a sub 10:00 mile....usually closer to 9:30-40.  So while my overall pace wasn't great, I know for the miles I ran alone, I did push myself more than I did last week....and it felt good.


On a different note, for those of you who drink my current FAVORITE breakfast (click here for recipe), then you may want to try a couple of things to make it even better!

1.  I've been adding 2-3 cubes of ice to it to make it colder.  This is a pretty simple concept, but I'm loving drinking this really cold!  My blender, on the other hand, isn't a huge fan of the ice.  I really really really want a good blender....maybe one of these.  I hear they're pretty good.

2.  The other "change" I've made to this recipe is I've been adding cinnammon.  It's SO YUMMY!  My 3 year old has been devouring them since I've made this change!

Do you have a nice blender you could recommend? 
I just have like a $25-35 cheap one from Target....and with daily use, it would sure be nice to have a high powered one!


3 comments:

  1. Tessa, Linda Turner here (Clancy's aunt)On Saturday, The Wall Street Journal listed 5 blenders from $650 to $70. vitamix is the best of the best. If you have changed your diet forever, you may want to "invest" the $650. The $70 Oster 7 speed Reversing motor was listed as "low price for high end machine". The 'minus' was that it did not pulverize almonds or flaxseed as well as fancier options. I admire your stamina. Keep going!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty certain I'll have to wait on that Vitamix one! :) I have heard Blendtec is good and slightly more affordable....slightly. Maybe I'll take baby steps and start with a $100-150 one and go from there! Lol. I just found the article online. I'll take a look. Thanks for the info!!

      Delete
  2. Other blenders mentioned in the article were:
    Blendtec Total Blender classic Wildside $455 blendtec.com,
    Breville Hemisphere Control $200 brevilleusa.com,
    Ninja Kitchen System, $160 ninjakitchen.com;
    vitamix Professional Series 500 $649 vitamix.com

    ReplyDelete