Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Stupid Texas Heat

Today's Workout:  2.87 miles...then I gave up.

IT. IS. HOT.

I was going to run really early this morning, but when my alarm went off, I turned it off and stayed in bed!  My full body is sore from class yesterday.  I increased some of my weight, put forth more effort, and I can really feel it today in my back, glutes and legs.

So I headed out the door at 9:30am.  I had a couple of hours with no meetings, so I decided to take advantage of it.  I took the dogs with me and they managed to crank out a 12:09 min mile.  Yay puppies!  Of course since we have gotten home, they've done nothing but lay on the tile trying to recover. I'm going to whip them into shape yet.

I brought them home and went back out.  I had to make up some of the slow time from taking them....but I still ended with a 11:30 min/mile overall.  I walked too (gasp).  It's just too stinking hot!

Oh....and I had a revelation....you know I've been complaining that I'm running slower outside than I normally run....and it's really irritating me.  I looked back at my log on my phone and realized I ran fastest in March/April....before it got so hot.  Obviously the heat HAS to play a role there.  Especially for someone who HATES the heat.  So I'm going to give myself a break until the fall....then we're going to work on speed again!

But...it's June...almost July...and I ran outside!

That alone (for me) is a miracle!


No comments:

Post a Comment