Monday, June 11, 2012

It's Monday...blah.

Today's workout: 
5.15 treadmill miles

I did intervals for the first 30 minutes (jogged 5.5mph for 3 minutes, sprinted 8.5mph for 1 minute, repeat...and repeat...and repeat....).  For the reminder, I tried to keep it close to 6.0, but I'd go down to 5.8 or up to 6.5.  I don't know why I have such an issue with keeping a steady pace!  I always want to go faster....but then I get tired, so I have to back off a little....and it's just a neverending cycle!  All said and done, I ended up with about a 10:00/mile pace.  Sigh.

For the first time ever, I've been keeping track of my mileage (on the right over there....).  I wanted to hit at least 20 miles each week/approx 80 per month and gradually increase.  I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen this month, particularly with vacation coming up soon.  I refuse to give up a couple of days of weight lifting.....so that lowers my mileage too.  Oh well!  Will keep trying! 

I don't really have much to say today....and yet, this is a wordy post. Shocker! :)

I'll try to get my thoughts together and post something later that is at least slightly interesting.

Until then....

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment