Monday, June 18, 2012

So Long Vacation & Sweets

I've been at the beach since last Tuesday.  Vacations are great, but for a homebody like me, it's always nice to be back in the comfort of my own home! 

Vacation & Food

We went with my husband's family and stayed at a beach house, which means we were able to avoid eating out the entire time.   When it comes to meals, I really didn't eat that bad.  I at a lot of almond butter sandwiches for breakfast and lunches, even when others were eating cinnamon rolls and sausage and pulled pork sandwiches.

What I learned during this trip is that my mindset regarding food really has changed.  I don't even want that stuff anymore....not every day anyway.  Don't get me wrong...I don't eat 100% healthy 100% of the time (I will always devour Mexican food and have occassional treats), but the thought of cinammon rolls for breakfast isn't appealing AT ALL. Two years ago I wouldn't have thought twice about it....and two days ago, I didn't even think about it at all.  I didn't even have an internal battle about "eat it or don't eat it".  I just didn't even want it.  It was that way with a lot of meals.  I just naturally opted for something healthier without thinking about it.

One place where I wasn't strong at all was desserts....brownies, cookies, ice cream...it was all there, and I ate it pretty much after every meal.  I'm pretty sure sugar has a very close relation to crack.  Once you get a taste, it's so hard to give it up.  I'm so beyond ready to cleanse myself of that sweet addiction this week!  By Friday, my stomach really began to hurt constantly.  My body doesn't like that much junk food anymore.  And I'm SO happy about that.  It gives me more hope that I've made a permanent change for the better.


Vacation & Exercise

We got there Tuesday evening, so I knew I wouldn't want to get up and run Wednesday.  My plan was to run Thursday and Saturday.  I did get up and run on the beach Thursday.  My 2 miles felt like 4...great for the legs!  Then I did lunges, squats & pushups.  My plans for Saturday fell thru.  It rained nearly all day, and by the time it cleared, we decided to take my daughter down to the beach.  I did get a lot of upper body work building sandcastles while we were there.  Does that count at all as a workout?!?!?!


I avoided the scale today.  I'm going to give my body a few days to adjust before I get too depressed. :)


I plan to go to the gym and run this afternoon.  We're having spaghetti for dinner with spaghetti squash as our "noodles".  I'm so excited to try it (and I am not a fan of spaghetti)! 

Have you ever used spaghetti squash as a noodle replacement? 
I hear it's pretty good!  I'll let you know how it goes!



No comments:

Post a Comment