Wednesday, May 30, 2012

No More Excuses

Mother Nature ruined my planned outdoor run this morning.

When my alarm went off, I could see the lightening thru my windows and knew my plans were shot.  So I was immediately like "well, there's that idea.  Guess I get to sleep". 

Then I remembered that I pay for a gym membership.  A gym that has plenty of indoor equipment that works come rain or shine... and I knew I had to get my rear out of the bed and go to Plan B.

People will always be able to come up with excuses for not working out, when in reality, they just don't want it bad enough.  Even if you don't have a gym membership, you have legs....legs capable of jumping jacks, squats and lunges.  Arms capable of pushups and tricep dips.  There are plenty of things we can do inside the privacy of our own home....for free!

I want it.  I'm determined to get it.  So I sucked it up and did it.

And you know what?  I am SO GLAD I DID.  I had a great workout.  Probably a better one that I would have had if I'd gotten to do my original plan.  I killed the incline on the treadmill.  I must have climbed Mt. Everest. 60 minutes, 5.4 miles of hills....hills that I tend to avoid when I run outside!

So it just all goes back to that saying.....I've never once regretted a workout I've completed, but I sure regret the ones I haven't done.

Before you decide to skip your workout, is your excuse really a valid one?  Search deep....cause usually, you'll find it's not.

No comments:

Post a Comment