Thursday, May 10, 2012

I haven't been, but I WILL....

So, I've been weak when it comes to food the last few days.  My mom was in town visiting last weekend, which means we ate out a lot.  Normally, on Monday, I get right back into my healthy eating. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened this week!  I havne't gone crazy or anything, but I definitely haven't been as strict as I need to be in order to lose the rest of the weight I would like to lose.

And we're going to the beach in a month....that means bathing suit....and that means PANIC.  I'm not kidding when I say the thought of getting in a bathing suit is mortifying to me.  I don't even like to wear shorts or shorter skirts (i.e. above the knee!), but I'm working on becoming more comfortable with it.  BUT A BATHING SUIT????  It's amazing to me the people I know that just put one on and go out in public like it's no big deal.  Hey, I guess I'd love to have that confidence.  But even at my thinnest and even growing up going to the lake, I don't think I was ever COMFORTABLE wearing a bathing suit.

I'm thinking I better get my hiney in gear!

I've at least put the workouts in this week. 

Monday - 1 hour of step
Tuesday - 1 hour of BodyPump
Wednesday - ran 5 miles (well, 4.8, but I'm rounding up)
Thursday -  off
Friday - planning to run at least 2-3 miles/weight room
Saturday - planning to run
Sunday - off (probably)

I think I've had cheese every day this week.  I've also had quite a bit of dark chocolate.  Oh, and let's not forget the chips, but that's a given!  I've also had spinach, grapes, egg whites & turkey bacon.  That's balance, right?  (wait, don't answer that...)

I didn't plan on making this confession time, but I guess that's why I write this blog.....to be held accountable!

With the weekend approaching....I WILL be more mindful of what I eat!  I WILL remember that my thighs still jiggle in places I wish they didn't!  I WILL remember that I still have a lot of work to do and that it is NOT time to maintain!  I WILL focus on doing what I need to do to get where I need to go!


1 comment:

  1. I am in the dfw area, and need inspiration to work out!!!!! I found you through kellys blog... check me out if you are interested laylaweaver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete