Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Changing It Up

I originally planned to run another 6 miles today....to see if I could beat my time from Monday; however, when I started running, I immediately knew that wasn't going to happen.  My legs are really tired from the past 2 days...and I have minor shin splits....so rather than give up, I decided to "change it up".

I ran an initial 3 miles on the treadmill.

Then headed over to the machine that I am pretty sure was made by Satan himself.


The stair climbers/masters at my old gym were different than this (although the same brand).  The ones I was used to were, um, dare I say....easy.  This thing was killer.  Maybe it was because I was already tired...or because I hadn't done one in a few weeks.  Or maybe it really is that much harder, but after 10 minutes (and over a mile climbed), I got off and headed back to the treadmill and ran another mile on an incline.

So, I guess I ended up with about 5 miles today....some I ran and some I climbed!

There are a couple of other "new to me" machines in this gym.  I plan on taking them all on soon!  And at some point, I guess I will probably develop a love-hate relationship with this stupid stair climber....cause I refuse to let a stupid piece of equipment beat me.  Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment