Friday, January 4, 2013

No longer maintaining...

Well, I've been MIA again.  I had reason this time...I'd fallen off the wagon BIG time and didn't feel like documenting that! For nearly 2 months straight, I was sick, which obviously interefered with my workouts.  What it did not seem to interfere with was my eating....

With the holidays this year, I completely let my guard down...something I hadn't done the previous 2 years.  I developed a MAJOR sweet tooth.  We ate out too much.  We had take-out too much!  We just overall ate like CRAP. 

And slowly the weight crept on.  I'm up 10 pounds.  UGH.  It's hard to even type that.

But hey - it's life - it happens.  And luckily I snapped out of it and began doing better a couple of weeks ago.

I began running again about 3 weeks ago.  Afterall, I do have a half marathon to prepare for at the end of February!  But that's all I've been doing  - running.  I've done little to none strength training, which I normally LOVE.  I love feeling strong.  I love lifting.  I love high intensity.  So why have I let that all go?  Beats me.

The important thing is that I'm back on track.  I am even tracking calories again (most days) via MyFitnessPal. 

I'm not going to make any commitments to write regularly, although I hope to!  I miss it.  But I've said it before and failed, so I know y'all all think I'm a big "fat" liar!!! 

I do have something coming up that's going to hold me accountable for at least the next 2 months.  I'll tell you about it soon!!!  Hope you are all on track!

and remember....

Summer bodies are made in the winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment