Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Boot Camp

Today was bittersweet.

I gave myself one really tough hour long workout that consisted of sprints (2 miles), lunges, traveling burpees (ugh), squats, lots of weights and TONS of sweat.

It was a Janna-type of workout.

Oh, you don't know Janna? 

Think Jillian Michaels but totally more lovable.

Janna was one of the trainers at my old gym.  She doesn't let up.  She keeps on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.  The girl never seems to run out of it.  She'll be pouring sweat....drenched...working just as hard (eh, harder) than the rest of us, yet she never seems to get tired...and never expected us to either!!! Oh, and her favorite exercise of all....BURPEES.  UGH. 

Janna came on board at my old gym right around the time I decided to really get serious and lose weight.  I signed up for a boot camp class that she led...knowing that people would probably just look at me and think I didn't belong...but I decided I didn't care.  I was going to give it my all....and I did....and so did everyone else.  It was essentially the same people every class, and naturally, there were a few of us that formed a little family.  For the next year and a half, we supported, challenged and pushed each other.

As I was working out today (probably harder than I have since I last took one of Janna's classes), I thought of her and my other friends at my old gym.  I am so very grateful to her for making me believe in myself and seeing potential in me that I didn't see in myself.  I sure do miss them though!!!


Now, the non-sappy Tessa speaks up:
This same family is suppose to be running the half marathon with me in February, but only 2 have signed up......I may be disowning some of that family soon....and Janna..... that includes you!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment