Friday, April 27, 2012

An Apple Sandwich

My lunch yesterday was pretty tasty.

I got the idea from Pinterest
(isn't that where every good idea is found???).

My apples were tiny...but that's my only complaint.  Oh...and I need an apple corer.  That really would have been nice to have!


By using apples instead of bread, you cut out all kinds of calories and carbs.  And the mini-chocolate chips just added a little something extra nice.

I may or may not have eaten this low-carb sandwich with a few chips...that's balance, right?! 



 I guess it's time for me to reveal my addiction.....to chips....in any form but particularly to tortilla chips.  I've cut them out totally from time to time, but it never lasts more than 4-5 days!  I've had other addictions that I've managed to let go of (diet coke being one....4 months clean and don't miss it a bit).....but those dang chips....they get me every time.

Everything in moderation, right?  So I just put a serving on my plate and put the bag away.  NEVER leave the open bag on the counter...that's just asking for trouble.  So I serve myself a proper amount and put the bag away.  That way, I don't overinduldge, but I still get to have them.  I end completely satisfied and never feeling guilty. It's a win-win!

What's something you refuse to give up?


No comments:

Post a Comment