Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Discipline...or lack thereof

Well, I seem to be back on track for the most part.

YAY!

I worked out 4 days last week (not great, but light years ahead of the previous weeks).  I'm on track for 4-5 days this week as well.  When it comes to food, well....I am working on it.  I tell myself that I'm going to be super strict for just a month and see what happens....then 1 1/2 days later, I'll eat a cookie or something.  Sigh. Don't get me wrong...I'm not going crazy.  I eat healthy for breakfast and lunch and usually dinner.  For the most part, I do what I need to do.  But, I am all for moderation.  That's how I lost the majority of my weight. If I want a cookie, I eat a cookie (just not 10).  If I want a burger, I eat a burger, but not daily.  

That being said, I know that I need to really limit that moderation if I am going to finish the job and get the last pounds off.  They say the last few are the hardest, and I sure believe it!  I know I can't have a daily "cheat".  Maybe I need to limit it to a weekly cheat...if any at all!  But for some reason, I won't do it.  I won't suck it up and be strong for even a full week.  Hey, I'm not gaining, so that's good.  But I'm also not losing fat either.  I've been virtually the same weight since about March/April.  Expert maintainer here :) 

I guess my lack of discipline is because I'm comfortable where I am.  I'm not 100% happy with my body.  There are things I want to improve on...but I also don't think I look terrible (clothed) anymore either, so I guess I'm just in a "comfortable" place.  Now, when it came to having to wear swimsuits this summer, that's another story!  Remember....I said I didn't feel terrible clothed! lol.  I'm hoping by next summer, I won't feel terrible in a swimsuit! :)

So.....I guess for now, I'll just keep working out and hope I build enough muscle to burn the remaining fat off! lol.  And hopefully soon, I'll commit when it comes to food and be able to lose what I want to lose. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment